Kota Kinabalu: Twenty-three Year Six pupils, mostly girls, were rushed to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, for suspected food poisoning, Saturday evening.
The victims were part of some Year Six 100 pupils taking part in a camping programme organised by SK Sri Gaya within its premise since Friday.
Their teachers rushed them to the hospital in four vehicles at about 6pm, for treatment.
One of the pupils, Nurysakirah, 12, claimed they felt stomach cramps after drinking Milo and syrup provided by the school's canteen. Her claim was corraborated by fellow student Ho, also 12.
The camping programme was organised by the school from Friday to Sunday afternoon.
The teachers had also donated supplies of mineral water to the participants.
Meanwhile, concerned parents have urged to school authority to ensure that the canteen maintains a high sense of cleanliness in their interest of their children's safety.